Playing in a lavender field in Andalucia

Until now, I didn't know of any lavender field in Andalucia....I thought lavender
could only grow well in Provence...until I met Femke and Erik, a lovely Dutch
couple who settled here in the Lecrin valley and had a vision of a lavender plantation
in Andalusia....

Jusqu'ici je ne savais qu'il y avait des champs de lavande en Andalousie....
je croyais que la lavande poussait bien seulement en Provence....jusqu'à ce que
je fasse la connaissance de Femke et Erik un couple hollandais très sympathique
qui se sont installés ici dans la vallée de Lecrin et ont eu la vision d'une plantation de
lavande en Andalousie.....


Since a few weeks, Femke organizes lavender afternoons. Monchéri and I
went once and had a wonderful time, picking lavender and learning how
to make tiny lavender bottles for our home.

Depuis quelques semaines, Femke organise des après-midi spécial lavande.
J'y suis allée une fois avec Monchéri et on a passé un moment merveilleux à
cueillir de la lavande et à apprendre comment faire des petits fuseaux
pour parfumer le linge et la maison.


After the picking, we all gathered under a magnificent pine...women were a majority but apart from Monchéri, there was another Spanish man who was a serious competitor in the art of making lavender bottles and tiny baskets...I was impressed !

Après la cueillette, on s'est tous assis à une grande table sous un pin magnifique.....
les femmes étaient en nette majorité mais à part Monchéri, il y avait un autre Espagnol qui était carrément le champion lavande toutes catégories...fuseaux, petits paniers...j'étais impressionnée !




and after many laughters and many efforts, came the best part...our tea....
lavender tea of course with mint....absolutely delicious and refreshing...
and yummy lavender scones which Femke prepares with love for her lavender students...

après beaucoup de rires et d'efforts, arrive le moment du réconfort....le goûter....
tout lavande bien sûr, avec thé lavande et menthe...absolument délicieux et
rafraîchissant...et de merveilleux scones à la lavande que Femke prépare avec
amour pour ses étudiants en lavande....



I made only 2 lavender bottles that day...with a white lace ribbon...I love it...
I put it on the bed...and it smells divine...well, it smells lavender
of course but for me it's all the more special because it grows near where we live
and also because I picked it with Monchéri....sentimental me, again....

I know it's silly but in the end...it does make a difference....

If you're in the area this summer and want to spend a pure moment of Andalusian lavender bliss, then you should try it !

J'ai seulement fait 2 petits fuseaux de lavande ce jour-là...avec un ruban en dentelle blanche...j'adore...je le mets près du lit..et ça sent tellement bon...ça sent simplement
la lavande bien sûr mais pour moi, c'est encore plus spécial parce que c'est une lavande
qui pousse près de chez nous et aussi parce que je l'ai cueillie avec Monchéri....eh oui
toujours aussi sentimentale...

je sais c'est bête mais en fin de compte...ça fait la différence....

Si vous êtes dans les parages cet été et avez envie d'un pur moment de bonheur lavande andalou, alors vous devriez y aller !


Casa Lavanda
to get infos on the next lavender afternoons
send an email to Femke
at info@casalavanda.es

Casa Lavanda
pour plus d'infos sur les prochains après-midis lavande
envoyer un email à Femke
à info@casalavanda.es



pics : my castle in spain

Comments

Pearl said…
What a truly beautiful setting in your country, and the "lavender wands" are so pretty, that's what we call them here. We live in a desert setting like you and the lavandar grows very well for me. My girlfriend and I went to a lavender farm that was a 3 generation grower and spent the afternoon much like you. I tried to make the wands but I was not very successful at it. Yours looks perfect. Great pictures by the way. Hugs, Pearl
Joyful said…
I really LOVE lavender. Always have. It smells so fresh and clean.
M.E said…
These pictures make me dream! I love anything with lavender :)
Liesl said…
Just lovely and what fun!! I could also not have believed that lavender could be grown succesfully in Andalucia!
Unknown said…
Inoubliable Andalousie.

Popular Posts