Hotel Viura in the Rioja province




Since a little while, I feel very much like visiting the Rioja province in the north of Spain.
When I saw this article about the Hotel Viura, in a little village tucked between Bilbao
and Logroño, in the last Côté Sud magazine, I felt even more eager to travel there.

Depuis quelque temps, j'ai très envie de visiter la province de la Rioja, au nord de l'Espagne
et quand j'ai vu un reportage sur l'hôtel Viura dans un petit village entre Bilbao et Logroño,
dans le dernier Côté Sud, cela m'a donné encore plus envie.
 

I love this wave of exuberant design in Spanish hotels built in a wine region. 
First, there was the amazing Marques de Riscal hotel, created by Frank Gehry,
also in the Rioja province; and now there is the Viura hotel in Villabuena de Álava.
An amusing series of unstructured cubes piled up, next to the church square.

J'aime ce vent de folie design qui décoiffe les hôtels au coeur des vignobles.
D'abord il y a eu l'époustouflant  hôtel Marques de Riscal conçu par Frank Gehry,
aussi dans la province de la Rioja et maintenant l'hôtel Viura à Villabuena de Álava 
composé de cubes déstructurés, empilés à côté de la place de l'église.


The owners and designers of the hotel , Xabier et Joseba Aramburu, 
also run a design agency Design Houses and created this ultra contemporary project
with the collaboration of architect Beatriz Pérez Echazarreta.

Les propriétaires Xabier et Joseba Aramburu ont aussi leur propre agence de design,
Designhouses, et sont à l'origine de ce projet avec la collaboration de l'architecte
Beatriz Pérez Echazarreta.





I must say I would love to see the place for myself
and something tells me we might go there sometime....

Je dois dire que je suis assez  séduite et quelque chose me dit
qu'on ira y faire un tour dans quelque temps....


calle Mayor s/n
Villabuena de Álava 0137
tel: +34 945 60 90 00

all pics via Hotel Viura's website
except #4 via Côté Sud

Comments

Es impresionante el contraste de arquitectura con las diferentes casa del pueblo.
Besos
Hello Lala , wow this hotel is certainly interesting , I am sure it would be delightful to stay there . I think it is another place to go and see , especially as my hubby loves Rioja :-) have a great week. xox Anne

Popular Posts