Pop up tea room on roof top at Camel Stop....simply deliciously exotic



Last weekend, I had the pleasure of running a pop up café on roof top
of my friend Gym's amazing antique & brocante shop Camel Stop, here in
the Lecrin valley, south of Granada.

It meant baking (yes, a lot). I made chocolate fondant with candied oranges, coconut &
coriander cake, orange & almond cake and walnut & hazelnut financiers.
It meant more baking on saturday night as the chocolate fondant and the orange cake
went fast. Gym was having a big fat sale for Christmas and customers were all too happy
to go up the roof terrace and have a relaxing after shopping coffee break in these lush surroundings.

Le week end dernier, j'ai eu le plaisir d'ouvrir un pop up café sur la terrasse sur le toit
de la merveilleuse boutique d'antiquités et de brocante de mon amie Gym, ici dans la
vallée de Lecrin, au sud de Grenade.

J'ai donc fait des gâteaux (à la chaîne): fondant au chocolat et oranges confites, 
cake de coco et coriandre, gâteau à l'orange et aux amandes et des financiers noix
et noisettes. Le samedi soir, je me suis remise aux fourneaux vu que le fondant et le gâteau
à l'orange sont vite partis. Gym avait ouvert la boutique pour des super soldes de Noël et 
les clients étaient ravis de pouvoir se relaxer un moment sur la terrasse, pour une pause café, dans un décor exotique à souhait.

I quite like this landscape of empty cups and plates.

J'aime beaucoup ce paysage de tasses et assiettes vides.
This is the tiny kitchenette where I prepared teas and coffees.
Perfect for my petite size indeed....

Voici la kitchenette où je préparais les thés et les cafés.
Parfait pour ma petite taille...
For the occasion, I wore my special vintage German maid apron.
I think it was quite appreciated!

Pour cette occasion, j'ai mis mon précieux tablier vintage allemand de serveuse.
Les clients ont apprécié!
Some of my friends always tell me that I should open a tea room someday.
The thing is, I have many interests (may be too many) and although the idea
is tempting, I'm not too sure. Still, one thing is sure, I love baking, serving people.
And the pleasure of baking is doubled when I get compliments about my cakes.
So all in all, I'd say, I love organizing this kind of pop up event...and I'm open to any
project involving tea & cake, so if you have a project or ideas, just let me know!

Des amis me disent toujours que je devrais ouvrir un salon de thé un jour.
Mais, en fait il y a trop de choses qui m'intéressent et même si l'idée me tente,
je ne suis pas très sûre. Toutefois, une chose est sûre, j'adore faire de la pâtisserie,
servir les gens. Et le plaisir de faire des gâteaux est doublé lorsque je reçois des
compliments. Tout ça pour dire, j'adore organiser ce genre d'événement pop up....
et que je suis ouverte à tout type de projet autour du thé et des gâteaux, alors si
vous avez un projet ou des idées, n'hésitez pas à m'en parler!

Comments

Joyful said…
Lovely. You do such wonderful baking and I too think you would be great owning your own tea and coffee and cake shop. But I understand if you don't wish to do it all the time. Perhaps it is more fun doing it a few times a year! Happy Holidays. x0x
Loree said…
I adore baking - not cooking just making cakes and cookies and things like that. I think when you;re passionate about it, people can taste it. So I am sure your cakes were delicious.
@Joyful - Thank you Penny! Yes, it's exactly how I feel! Merry Christmas to you and your beloved ones xo

@Loree - I so agree with that, yes being passionate about what we do is what gives it this special note, doesn't it? Have a wonderful time baking for the holiday! :-)
Nadezda said…
Tout ce que tu fais est magnifique mais ouvrir un salon de thé ce n'est pas une bonne idée, tu vas perdre ta liberté or tu es passionnée par beaucoup d'autres choses.Une copine de mon beau-frère a trouvé le truc, elle vend ses gâteaux sur FB, cela lui permet de faire toutes les autres activités qu'elle aime.

Belle Fêtes à toi :)
Kaye Waller said…
I just love that roof top. You've posted photos of it before--so happy to see more. if I owned that place I'd never be anyplace else all day! And your apron is perfection, not to mention the yummy treats!
Yoli said…
Lala que belleza! y tu como siempre hermosa!
Cherry Wood said…
Magnifique blog et univers, une très belle découverte ! ^^
Bonne soirée ! ;)
@ Nadezda - Je crois bien que tu as raison! trop de contraintes ! Tous mes meilleurs voeux de bonheur et belle créativité à toi Nadezda pour 2016 !

@ SK Waller - I absolutely agree...this is the best place ever! Thank you for your kind words!

@Yoli - Holà Yoli! Muchas gracias y que alegria de verte aqui!

@Cherry - Merci beaucoup à vous Cherry de votre visite et de prendre le temps de laisser un commentaire adorable...
Unknown said…
And lookin so sweet coming out of the door...

Popular Posts